Keeping Our Hauraki Gulf Islands Pest-Free
Gulf Eco Adventures is biosecurity approved by DOC and the Auckland Council to visit pest-free conservation islands and other islands in the Hauraki Gulf. Prepare for your boat trip by being alert for stowaways such as Argentine ants, rainbow skinks, soil, seeds, mice or rats.
Please make sure you read and follow the instructions below. We will remind you on board, too. Gulf Eco Adventures is very conservation aware!
- Make sure all food is packed and sealed in plastic rodent proof containers with lid. Ensure cardboard boxes are closed and taped – there must be no opportunity for an unwanted pest to access the box in transit.
- Ensure all footwear and gear is clean and free of soil.
- Thoroughly check any camping or overnight gear for stowaways.
Gear that has been stored is high risk.
- Thoroughly check seedlings, potting mix or plant matter to ensure there are no hitch-hikers.
- Seal up your gear/food as soon as you have finished packing and leave them closed till you reach your destination.
Without your co-operation your trip may not be able to take place, so if you have any doubts or questions about biosecurity, please ask.
Please visit www.treasureislands.co.nz for more information
Pest Free Warrant
We are certified by the Deparrtment of Conservation with a Pest-Free Warrant, which enables us to visit all the wildlife nature reserves within the Hauraki Gulf.
Gulf Eco Warriors
Join our Facebook page and become a Gulf Eco Warrior for great chances to win FREE tickets on one of our boat cruise adventures!
Book Your Eco Adventure NOW!
- Individual / Group / Corporate & Private Bookings Accepted –