Full Day Island Explorer (9 hrs)
We are perfectly positioned to take you on an unforgettable adventure boat cruise to the most remote & pristine off-shore islands of Aucklands’ Hauraki Gulf.
Destinations include either Great Barrier Island, the Mokohinau Islands group, or the Hen & Chicken Islands.
This 9 hour boat trip includes all our water-based activities, including snorkeling, kayaking & paddle boarding, with each location very unique. Most of the islands are nature reserves, with great bird & marine life, crystal clear waters, and stunning scenery.
Travel time to each of the islands is approximatley 2 hours, where we anchor in a sheltered bay for lunch and plenty of time to snorkel, kayak, paddle board, or just relax and admire the incredible scenery & serenity. We then take you for a cruise around the islands coastline, exploring stunning rock formations, caves & steep cliffs, with excellent wildlife viewing opportunities!
Note: The Full Day Island Explorer is available during the summer season only, beginning 21st October 2017
Island Explorer Destinations
Hen & Chicken Islands
Taranga Island & Marotere Islands -five islands that have been a protected nature reserve & wildlife refuge for more than 60 years!
- Renowned for its birdlife, many species of which are extinct on the mainland.
- Surrounded by rocky reefs and are known for excellent diving & snorkeling.
- Great opportunities for dolphin sightings.
A small group of remote islands lying furthest from the mainland. The surrounding sea has crystal clear waters teeming with sea life.
- All but one of the islands are a nature reserve, but you can land on Burgess Island for a walk up to the lighthouse and lunch on the beach.
- One of the best dive locations in NZ!
- A must for the intrepid traveler!
Great Barrier Island:
Consisting of numerous inlets and harbours, this island is inhabited by approximately 1000 people, with a strong emphasis on sustainable living, and reflects what life was like in New Zealand decades ago.
- Excellent diving & snorkeling with spectacular scenery!
- 2 day / overnight packages available including boat or island accommodation.
- The worlds’ newest ‘Night-Sky Sanctuary’ with amazing star-gazing!
- Boat trip to / from either of the island destinations listed
- Full use of snorkel gear, wetsuits, kayaks & paddle boards
- Educational commentary on the island’s history, ecology & conservation
- Dolphin sightings are very common, as well as sting ray & eagle ray, many species of fish & sea birds
- A homemade lunch is provided as well as afternoon snack, tea, coffee, & hot chocolate
*Only available during the summer season. We are still available for private charters to these destinations during winter.
Summer Season Only (Oct. 21, 2017 – April 30th, 2018) 9am – 6pm
All trips depart from:
Sandspit Yacht Club Marina, 1287 Sandspit Rd, Warkworth.
- Adults NZD$225
- Children (5-15yrs) NZD$140
- Family (2 Adults / 2 Children) NZD$595
Under 5yrs FREE
Private Charter: NZD$1500 (up to 12 passengers, catering not included)
Overnight / Multi-Day Trips: NZD$1800 (sleeps up to 4 adults / 2 adults + 3 children) We can also help to arrange island accomodation on Great Barrier Island.
*Minimum of 4 passengers required for public trips.
View our Cancellation Policy
Ready to book your Gulf Eco Adventure?
WE SURE ARE
another happy Gulf Eco Adventurer
Our Boat 'Kokomo'
Kokomo is an 11m aluminium launch fully surveyed to take up to 12 passengers. Capable of cruising at 20-24 knots, and with a maximum speed of 32 knots, she will get you out to great dive spots & remote islands quickly & comfortably.
Kurt Salmond, together with wife Clair and kids Jesse & Mikayla, started Gulf Eco Adventures in 2016, to share our love of the outer Hauraki Gulf, and to help educate people on sustainable living and environmental awareness.
Kurt is a fully qualified skipper with Maritime New Zealand, and holds a current first aid certificate. He is also a volunteer with the local Coastguard unit.
Our boat is berthed at the Sandspit Yacht Club marina, 1287 Sandspit Road, Warkworth. It is just a 45 minute drive north of Auckland city. Turn off SH1 at Warkworth and follow the signs to Sandspit.
How do I get there if I don’t have a car?
There is a regular bus service from Auckland City to Warkworth. Nakedbus.com usually has the cheapest fares for about $40 return. We offer a FREE transfer service between Warkworth town and Sandspit so just us know your bus times and we will see you there!
Book Your Eco Adventure NOW!
– Individual / Group / Corporate & Private Bookings Accepted –