Private Boat Charters Day / Overnight Trips
Private Boat Charters / Overnight Trips
Gulf Eco Adventures can provide a fantastic, intimate, fun day out for your next , Family, Group or Corporate Event!
Our modern, spacious launch can cater for up to 12 passengers for day trips, with ample seating and top deck viewing. Whether you want a relaxing cruise, an action-packed adventure, party for a special occasion, or corporate team building event, we will ensure it’s a complete success.
We are also available for overnight cruises or multi-day boat trips. We can sleep up to 6 people (plus skipper) in our comfortable open-plan cabin, with full cooking facilities on board. We can also help to arrange accomodation on Great Barrier Island for those wishing to stay and explore the island, and also provide a Taxi Service to / from Great Barrier Island (please enquire for specific rates depending on island drop-off points).
Located just 45 minutes north of Auckland city on the Matakana Coast, the region also boasts numerous vineyards & restaurants and a great choice of quality local accommodation.
Note: We are no longer available for fishing trips of any kind. In light of the recently released ‘State Of Our Gulf’ report by the Hauraki Gulf Forum, morally & ethically we just can’t participate in any activity that is currently unsustainable. For further information visit: http://gulfjournal.org.nz/article/state-of-our-gulf-2017/
- Full boat hire with professional qualified skipper
- Capacity for up to 12 passengers (day trips) / or 6 passengers (overnight)
- You select your desired destination, duration, and incorporate fun activities such as snorkeling, kayaking, paddle boarding, fishing, swimming and wildlife viewing.
- All water-based activity equipment is supplied including wetsuits.
- We can also tailor specific catering to match your requirements and budget.
- Overnight options available with sleeping for up to 6 passengers plus skipper on board.
- Minimum 3 hours: NZD$600
- Half Day (5 hours): NZD$950
- Full Day Hire (9 hours): NZD$1575
- Overnight: $2000 (sleeps up to 5 people plus skipper)
- Dive Bottle Hire: $15 each
- We can also arrange the hire of dive equipment for you and arrange for pick up / drop off, and supply dive guides / buddies
View our Cancellation Policy on our BOOK NOW page
Ready to book your Gulf Eco Adventure?
WE SURE ARE
another happy Gulf Eco Adventurer
We booked a 3-hour boat cruise to celebrate a wedding engagement. The boat was fantastic, clean, and spacious, easily accommodating our group of 12. Kurt, the skipper, was friendly, and made sure we all felt safe and comfortable. They even arranged full catering for us, not easy when we were all vegans! We highly recommend Gulf Eco Adventures for a fun group day out on the water 🙂
Our Boat 'Kokomo'
Kokomo is an 11m aluminium launch fully surveyed to take up to 12 passengers. Capable of cruising at 20-24 knots, and with a maximum speed of 32 knots, she will get you out to great dive spots & remote islands quickly & comfortably.
Kurt Salmond, together with wife Clair and kids Jesse & Mikayla, started Gulf Eco Adventures in 2016, to share our love of the outer Hauraki Gulf, and to help educate people on sustainable living and environmental awareness.
Kurt is a fully qualified skipper with Maritime New Zealand, and holds a current first aid certificate. He is also a volunteer with the local Coastguard unit.
Our boat is berthed at the Sandspit Yacht Club marina, 1287 Sandspit Road, Warkworth. It is just a 50 minute drive north of Auckland city. Turn off SH1 at Warkworth and follow the signs to Sandspit.
How do we get there?
www.nakedbus.com/nz offer a cheap and daily return bus service from Auckland city or the airport to Warkworth town. We provide FREE transfers between Warkworth & Sandspit, just let us know when you book.
For larger groups and private charters, we can help to arrange a private shuttle bus / coach to get you to / from Sandspit.
Mahu City Express offers luxury coach travel between Auckland & Matakana. Visit https://www.mahucityexpress.co.nz/contact/
Book Your Eco Adventure NOW!
- Individual / Group / Corporate & Private Bookings Accepted –