The outer islands of the Auckland’s Hauraki Gulf offer some of the best scuba diving in New Zealand. Excellent water clarity, amazing underwater rock formations & reefs teeming with marine life.
The Matakana Coast also features two Marine Reserves (Goat Island & Tawharanui). All this is located just 45 minutes north of Auckland city, enabling you to have a fantastic day diving without travelling far.
We operate a modern, comfortable & fast 11m launch, which will get you to the best dive spots quickly!
- If you’re a qualified open water or technical diver, we are available for private charter for scuba diving trips to any of the locations covered in our package charters.
- We can carry up to 8 divers with equipment.
- Complimentary tea & coffee and hot soup.
- Our boat trips are purely as a transport option, and we do not provide tuition or guides.
- We can provide catering for an additional cost, and also assist in the hiring of dive equipment and oxygen tanks.
Full Boat Hire:
- Half Day (5 hours): NZD$875
- Full Day (9 hours) NZD$1350
*Prices exclude additional catering and equipment. Maximum of 8 divers.
another happy Gulf Eco Adventurer
Our group of 8 divers travelled up from Otago to spend 2 days out on the water with Kurt & Gulf Eco Adventures. We completed dives at Little Barrier Island & the Mokohinaus. The boat was fast, clean & comfortable, and easily accommodated our group & equipment. Kurt was a great host, and ensured both days were safe & fun!Will Charlton - Dive Otago
Ready to book your Gulf Eco Adventure?
WE SURE ARE
Our Boat 'Kokomo'
Kokomo is an 11m aluminium launch fully surveyed to take up to 12 passengers. Capable of cruising at 20-24 knots, and with a maximum speed of 32 knots, she will get you out to great dive spots & remote islands quickly & comfortably.
Kurt Salmond, together with wife Clair and kids Jesse & Mikayla, started Gulf Eco Adventures in 2016, to share our love of the outer Hauraki Gulf, and to help educate people on sustainable living and environmental awareness.
Kurt is a fully qualified skipper with Maritime New Zealand, and holds a current first aid certificate. He is also a volunteer with the local Coastguard unit.
Our boat is berthed at the Sandspit Yacht Club marina, 1287 Sandspit Road, Warkworth. It is just a 45 minute drive north of Auckland city. Turn off SH1 at Warkworth and follow the signs to Sandspit.
How do I get there if I don’t have a car?
There is a regular bus service from Auckland City to Warkworth. Nakedbus.com usually has the cheapest fares for about $40 return. We offer a FREE transfer service between Warkworth town and Sandspit so just us know your bus times and we will see you there!
Book Your Eco Adventure NOW!
- Individual / Group / Corporate & Private Bookings Accepted –